|“||It's just, my family and I, we went to Pearl Harbor for two weeks, so, it's kind of a thing we do every year.||”|
Ashley Katchadourian was a member of the Overland Park Cheer Squad most known for being the victim of a verbal attack by Trisha Cappelletti because she was visiting Pearl Harbor with her family instead of watching the door during the events that transpired in Episode 1. Trisha's attack contradicts her comments in Episode 1 when she states that Ashley was in charge of snacks, and not the door. Trisha finally realizes her mistake in Episode 12 after Brittnay Matthews points out that Ashley is actually in charge of snacks. She is now a member of Atchison High Cheer Squad.
Ashley seems like a friendly person who seems like a normal teenager but can be very emotionally fragile as she is shown to be in tears after Trisha had yelled at her for no reason. She is shown to suffer from depression, most likely from being in the crossfire of the numerous feuds relating to the cheer squad, and always seems to be the butt of the joke. She is more laid-back than the cheer squad, and is also shown to be airheaded, though less exaggerated than Trisha, and is seen as a doormat to more domineering people, such as Brittnay.
Justin Michaelson and Ashley had been dating through out Season 1. In Episode 12, Justin took Ashley to Prom, and when Brittnay's date, Connor Devarnan, leaves her, Brittnay gets mad and storms into Prom and forcefully makes out with Justin. Ashley sees them making out and says "Um, that’s my boyfriend." Trisha replies saying "Yeah, That’s what you get, Ashley Katchadourian" (Reminding her that it was her fault that Deandra's arms got ripped off in Episode 11 because she wasn’t watching the door.) which causes her to run away crying. After that incident at Prom, Trisha finds out that Ashley is in charge of snacks, and not the door.
Trisha Cappelletti has a lot of issues with Ashley and blames her in Episode 11 for the series of events that led up to Deandra getting her arms ripped off. Trisha believes they are friends, but Ashley actually hates her and is in league with the rival cheer squad.
It is assumed that Ashley hates the cheer squad after being attacked by Trisha, because in the end of Episode 15, Ashley offers help to Rachel and Judith with their problems involving the cheer squad.
The Atchison High Cheer Squad runs into Ashley at the end of Episode 18, and she offers to help them with the Overland Park Cheer Squad, as she did with Rachel and Judith in Episode 15. In Episode 21 she is at cheer-practice and it is evident that she is in league with them, because she gets a call from Tanya Berkowitz. They are later seen in Episode 22, but that “gossip” Ashley said she had, didn’t have anything to do with the cheer-squads routine. In Episode 28, the first part of the Season 2 finale, she joins the Atchison High Cheer Squad.
- Doll: Mattel 2012 Sisters Skipper Doll and Pet
- Where to Buy: Amazon
Ashley is shorter than most of the girls and has brown hair with blue streaks in it. Despite her appearance, Trisha says she is Japanese.
In Episode 15, she is featured wearing a long coat and shades, the coat appears to be that of which is usually worn by Jonathan Getslinhaumer. In Episode 21, she's seen wearing the pink Overland Park cheer-uniform for the first time.
In Episode 1, Deandra walks into the bathroom and is asked who let her in.Trisha wonders why Ashley, who is in charge of snacks, is letting people in the bathroom without consulting the cheer squad. Trisha continues to pursue this conflict up until Episode 11 when Deandra gets her arms ripped off a girl with hopes and dreams. Ashley then comes back from her vacation and is berated by Trisha who blames her for Deandra getting her arms ripped off. However, at prom when Brittnay makes out with her boyfriend, Trisha is reminded that she is actually in charge of snacks and that it is Jenna Darabond who is in charge of the door.
Because of Trisha's attack, Ashley spends season two coming up with a plan to get back at her and the rest of the cheer squad, and joins their rivals team and steals their routine for Cheer Nationals, but all fails when Overland Park wins the competition.
In the beginning of season three, Jenna Darabond makes her return and sets straight all the confusion about who really was in charge of the door, and admits she called herself Ashley to fool Deandra into using the bathroom, thus causing the chain of events that would make up the whole series. Trisha apologized to Ashley for yelling at her. Whenever Brooklyn Katchadourian, her sister, appears, mentioning that Ashley spends her time at home suffering from severe depression from what happened, stating that it's so bad their mother tries mixing Zoloft into her chocolate milk in the mornings, but it doesn't help.
Episode Appearances Edit
- It's possible that when Ashley was being created, the makers decided to make her last name a pun on her having to "watch the door". Ashley "Katch-a-dour-ian"/"Catch-a-door-ian".
- Despite being blamed for not watching the door, Ashley actually works with snacks, not the door. But admits in Episode 11 that she knows she was supposed to be watching the door since Jenna was sick.
- In Episode 3, Mikayla mentions that she has gymnastics with Ashley's younger sister, Brooklyn Katchadourian.
- She is one of the most well-known characters in the series, not because of her own accord, but because of Trisha's infamous line: "Ashley. Katchadourian. You were supposed to be watching the door."
- Ashley is bottom right of the cheer pyramid and is referred to by that by Mackenzie Zales.
- Episode 21 is the first episode Ashley wears the cheerleader uniform.
- She is the only cheerleader who doesn't wear the cheer-uniform most of the time.
- She is the only member of the Cheer Squad that is a freshman.
- She is the only member of the cheer squad that has joined another cheer squad.
- Ashley replaced Taylor McDevitt on the cheer squad.
- She has the deepest female vocal range.